We know that keeping your credit card information secure is important to you. That makes it very important to us. We use the latest encryption technology to protect your information when you place an order online.
We take your privacy rights very seriously. Our Privacy Statement explains our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your personal information is collected and used on Store.Starbucks.com
Last updated May 9, 2011
The Starbucks name and reputation were built on a foundation of trust. This Starbucks Privacy Statement ("Statement") describes how Starbucks and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies ("Starbucks") collects, uses and discloses personal information of customers through our websites and online services, including Store.Starbucks.com, and other Starbucks owned or operated websites and online services that link to this statement (collectively, the “Sites”), through our programs and in our physical stores ("Services"). This Statement does not apply to websites and services that display or link to different privacy statements. Websites and services co-branded with other partners may display or link to a joint privacy statement or separate privacy statements of our partners in addition to our Statement.
What Type of Information Does Starbucks Collect?
Personal Information that may be collected by Starbucks may include:
- Name, postal address, phone number, and e-mail address.
- Financial account information, such as credit card number and other payment information.
We may also collect information about you such as:
- If you create an account - your username, password, your city of birth, your birthday and mobile phone number.
- If you buy goods at our stores or through our programs or otherwise - what you buy, how frequently you buy and rewards you earn.
- If you use our mobile applications - information such as your location and stores near you and visited by you.
- If you take a survey or interact with us in various other ways - demographics information and information about subjects that may interest you.
Starbucks may also collect aggregated data or anonymized data that does not directly identify you.
We may combine information we collect about you with information we receive from third parties.
How Does Starbucks Use Information About You?
Starbucks may use information about you for purposes described in this Statement or disclosed to you on our Sites or with our Services. For example, we may use information about you to:
- Process and manage your purchase and use of Starbucks products and services, including your accounts and program participation.
- Respond to your customer service inquiries, post your comments or statements on any blog or other online forum maintained on our Sites, or take other actions in response to your inquiries or other Site activities.
- Create personalized promotions by combining your personal information with non personal information about you, such as the amounts and types of purchases you make or any benefits you receive through our programs.
- Communicate with you about your orders or purchases, your services, accounts and program participation, a contest or sweepstakes you have entered, and your requests for information.
- Communicate with you about our brands, products, events or other promotional purposes, including co-branded offers and partner offers.
Does Starbucks Share Personal Information with Third Parties?
Starbucks shares your personal information in limited ways.
- We may share personal information about you with others with your consent.
- We may also share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as credit card processors, mailing houses or website hosts) and that help us market our products and services (such as email vendors). These companies may use information about you to perform their functions on our behalf.
- If you participate in any blog or other online forum on our Sites, any personal information that you post on our Sites may be shared with other forum participants and Site visitors.
- In the event of a merger, acquisition, financing, or sale of assets or any other situation involving the transfer of some or all of our business assets, Starbucks may disclose personal information to those involved in the negotiation or transfer.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
What Choices Does Starbucks Offer About Personal Information?
Starbucks offers choices for you to request to update or change your personal information and how we communicate with you. Here are some of the ways you can request changes:
- Follow the opt-out instructions in promotional emails we send you.
- Log in to your Store.Starbucks.com account, if you have one, and visit the profile management section to manage your contact information (SMS text, email and postal address) preferences and to update your personal information.
- Call 1-877-421-9062.
If you opt out of receiving promotional communications from us, we may still send you non promotional communications such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
You can usually choose to set your browser warn you when a cookie is being sent or to remove or reject cookies. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookie settings. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, it will affect many features or Services on our Sites.
How is Personal Information Secured?
Starbucks takes reasonable steps to maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of personal information.
While we take these reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Privacy Statement Updates
We may update this privacy statement from time to time. When we do so, we will post the new privacy statement on this page and change the date at the top of the statement. We encourage you to check the date of our privacy statement when you visit this Site for any updates or changes. We will notify you of any modified versions of the privacy statement that might materially affect the way we use or disclose your personal information.
Questions and Feedback
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy.
Starbucks Customer Relations can be contacted online, at (877) 421-9062 or by postal mail at: Starbucks Customer Relations, PO Box 3717, Seattle, WA 98124-3717.