GENERAL RULES FOR TEAVANA PHOTOGRAPHY CONTESTS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Teavana Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (collectively, “Teavana” or “Sponsor”) will conduct periodic Teavana Photography Contests substantially as described in these general rules (“Rules”).
Contest Period; Call for Entries
Each individual Teavana Photography Contest (“Contest”) will take place on the date Sponsor issues a Call for Entries for that specific Contest (the “Contest Date”) and will run from the time the initial Call for Entries is issued until 5:00 P.M. EST of the Contest Date (“Contest Period”).
Sponsor will issue a Contest’s Call for Entries via one of more of Sponsor’s social media accounts. A Call to Entry may set forth additional requirements or procedures for entry into the applicable Contest in addition to those set forth in these Rules and may alter these Rules and/or the Contest Period. In the event there is a discrepancy between requirements set forth in these Rules and those set forth in a Call for Entries, those requirements set forth in the Call for Entries shall govern unless Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines that these Rules’ terms shall apply.
Contests are sponsored by Sponsor: Teavana Corporation, 2401 Utah Ave. S, Seattle, WA 98134.
Contests are open only to legal residents in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who have reached the age of majority in their home state of residence at the time of entry (“Entrant”). All others are ineligible to enter and will be disqualified.
Employees of Sponsor, its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies and the immediate families (spouses, parents, children and siblings and their spouses) or individuals living in the same household of such employees are not eligible.
How to Enter
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCE OF WINNING.
During the Contest Period, eligible Entrants must read and comply with the requirements set forth in the relevant Call for Entries and complete the steps for entry set forth therein. Unless otherwise stated in the Call for Entries, the following requirements and rules apply to each Contest.
To participate, Entrant must have a valid Instagram account and/or a valid Twitter account and/or a valid account at any additional sites where Entries may be submitted, as identified in the Contest’s Call for Entries (collectively, “Entry Sites”).
All Entry Site accounts must be public so that Entries are viewable by Sponsor. Entrant’s use of an Entry Site is subject to that Entry Site’s Terms of Service. For reference, Instagram’s terms of service can be found at http://instagram.com/legal/terms/, while Twitter’s terms of service can be found at https://twitter.com/tos. Please consult the terms of service for any and all other Entry Sites identified as valid vehicles for Entry in a particular Contest’s Call for Entries.
Entrants may register for Instagram and Twitter accounts, as well as with most other Entry Sites, for free. However, Entrants may need to use a mobile device to submit Entries. In such cases, message and data rates may apply. These rates are the sole responsibility of the Entrant. See your wireless provider for pricing plan details.
To submit an Entry, an Entrant must complete the following steps:
1. Follow or be following the relevant @Teavana or Sponsor account on the relevant Entry Site.
2. Take a photo that meets the criteria set forth in the Call for Entries, or, if no additional criteria are set forth in the Call for Entries, a photo that depicts the positive aspects of tea in general and/or Teavana products specifically and which complies with the Judging Criteria and the Content Restrictions set forth below.
3. Post the photo on a Contest’s Entry Site. All Entries must (i) tag @Teavana; and (ii) include the hashtag #TeavanaLife in the caption or post, and/or any other hashtags or designations specified in the Call for Entries (“Hashtags”). Entries that are not tagged with the required Hashtags will not be reviewed or accepted.
4. Fulfill any additional requirements set forth in the Call for Entries.
Entrants may enter as often as they wish, but may only win once for per Contest. Each Entry must be unique, original and must be the sole work of Entrant. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void.
By submitting an Entry, Entrants understand and acknowledge that they have read, accepted, and agreed to be bound by these Rules available to view at http://www.teavana.com/us/en/contest-rules. The Sponsor, and/or its designated representatives reserve the right to review all Entries received during the Contest Period and may only consider those Entries that conform to these Rules, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entries that do not comply with these Rules, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified from the Contest. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding.
By posting an Entry, Entrants agree that it conforms to the Content Restrictions as defined below and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify an Entrant from the Contest if it believes the Entry fails to conform to the Content Restrictions.
In the event of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant, the Entry will be declared to have been submitted by the authorized holder of the Entry Site’s username at the time of entry, and the Entrant may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such Entry Site username account. It is the sole responsibility of the Entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the Entrant changes his or her username during the Contest Period. Proof of submission of an Entry does not constitute proof of delivery of an Entry.
Each Entry submission must be manually entered and uploaded by the individual Entrant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of Entries (including but not limited to Entries made using any script, macro, bot, or contest service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email or IP addresses may be blocked.
Important Note: Entries may not reference specific companies or brands other than Teavana and should not be intended to embarrass or harm any person or company.
Entries may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
• is intended to embarrass or harm any person or company;
• is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
• promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
• is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group; appears to duplicate any other submitted Entries;
• misrepresents or contains defamatory remarks about other people or companies, or makes false statements about any product or device;
• contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress owned by others, without permission;
• contains any personal identification, such as personal names or e-mail addresses;
• contains copyrighted materials owned by others, without permission;
• contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission;
• contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead;
• communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which we wish to associate; and/or
• violates any law.
Entry must be the original work of the Entrant, may not have been previously published, may not have won previous awards, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity.
Entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the Entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Entry by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Rules, including, without limitation, name and likeness permissions from any person who appears in or is identifiable in the Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may render an Entrant’s Entry null and void.
By submitting an Entry, entrant warrants and represents that he/she and any persons appearing or who are identifiable in the Entry consent to the submission and use of the Entry in the Contest and to its use as otherwise set forth herein.
By submitting an Entry, Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor may obtain many Entries in connection with this Contest and/or other contests staged and/or promoted by the Sponsor, and that such Entries may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to other Entries submitted in connection with this Contest and/or other contests sponsored by the Sponsor or submitted for other reasons or other materials developed by the Sponsor.
Entrant waives any and all claims entrant may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that any Entry and/or other works accepted, reviewed and/or used by the entrant may be similar to his/her Entry, or that any compensation is due to entrant in connection with such Entry or other works used by Sponsor.
Entries that do not comply with these Rules and the Content Restrictions set forth herein will not be considered and will be disqualified.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to refuse, disqualify or withdraw any Entries and/or Entrants at any time during the Contest. Entries become the sole property of Sponsor and non-winning Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
Each eligible Entry will be judged by a panel of judges, selected by Sponsor (in its sole discretion), consisting of Sponsor’s employees and/r other persons with expertise in social media, photography, design, and/or other relevant or related fields (“Judges”). Judges will determine winning Entries by applying the criteria identified in the Call for Entries. Where no such criteria are provided, Entries will be judged based on the following Judging Criteria all equally weighted:
Individuality, Creativity, Artfulness and Theme Appropriateness
Assuming a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received, the Judges will designate a number of Entries as Potential Winners, as set forth in the Call for Entries. If the number of Potential Winners is not specified in the Call for Entries, the Judges will designate five (5) Entries as Potential Winners. Potential Winners will be selected from all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period, such selection to take place on or about the first business day following the close of the Contest Period.
Potential winners will be individually notified via the Entry Site account from which Entrant submitted the Entry, or, where appropriate, by email. Potential Winners are subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in these Rules.
Potential winners may be required to sign and return (i) an Affidavit or Eligibility; (ii) a Release of Liability/Publicity; (iii) a Copyright Assignment; and/or (iv) any additional forms as required by the Sponsor. If any required documents are not returned within the number of days specified in the notification correspondence, or if any notification is returned as undeliverable, the Potential Winner may be disqualified.
The judges and Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest, including interpretation and application of these Rules.
A Contest’s prizes will be set forth in the applicable Call for Entries. Where no such prize information is provided in the Call for Entries, the Judges will deem the five (5) highest-scoring Entries (as determined by the Judges based on the Judges’ application of the Judging Criteria) to be Potential Winners, with the Contest’s Prizes consisting of the following:
• (1) 2 oz. of Teavana® loose-leaf tea selected by the Judges.
Odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received and skill of the entrant.
Retail Value: The retail value of the Prizes may range from $4.89 to $22.98, depending on the variety of tea awarded.
In the case of a disqualification, the next-highest scoring Entry as determined by the Judges will be deemed the Potential Winner of the relevant Prize.
No prize transfer, assignment or substitution permitted in whole or in part, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any portion of the prize(s) with a prize of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for any local, state, federal or other taxes, and any other expenses, fees and costs connected with any prize.
If a prize is a gift card, the gift card is subject to the terms and conditions of use indicated thereon. The terms and conditions for Teavana e-gift cards are located at https://teavana.cashstar.com/about/terms_and_conditions. Gift cards will not be redeemed or exchanged for cash, except where required by law. Gift cards will not be replaced or replenished if it lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed or used without the winner’s permission and will be voided if altered
In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
All costs and expenses associated with receiving a Prize not expressly set forth herein shall be solely the winner’s responsibility. Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding a prize for any reason. If, after a good-faith attempt,Sponsor is unable to award or deliver a prize, the prize may not be re-awarded.
General Conditions of Participation
By participating, Entrants represent, warrant, and agree that they meet the eligibility requirements set forth in these Rules and that they have all necessary rights, licenses or permissions relating to their Entries.
Further, by participating Entrants agree:
(1) To abide by and be bound to the Rules and all decisions of Sponsor and/or Judges;
(2) TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND CONTRACTORS FROM ANY AND ALL EXISTING OR FUTURE ACTIONS, CLAIMS AND/OR LIABILITIES OF WHATEVER NATURE INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PERSONAL INJURY, BODILY INJURY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WRONGFUL DEATH AND DISABILITY), PROPERTY DAMAGE, AND EXPENSE (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION REASONABLE ATTORNEY’S FEES), LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY OTHER KIND, ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THEIR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST (IN WHOLE OR IN PART), PARTICIPATION IN CONTEST RELATED OBLIGATIONS OR ACTIVITIES, USE (INCLUDING MODIFICATION, ADAPTATION AND REPRODUCTION) OF RECIPE OR ENTRY MATERIALS DURING OR AFTER THE CONTEST, AND THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, MISUSE, LOSS OR MISDIRECTION OF ANY PRIZE; and
(3) That Entrant’s acceptance of a Prize constitutes the grant of an unconditional right to use his/her name, likeness, voice, photograph, biographical information, address, statements, and/or Entries, in whole or in part, for any trade, art, advertising, promotional, publicity and any other purposes world-wide without additional compensation and to provide written consent to such use.
Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who is not in compliance with these Rules or who cheats, tampers with, or attempts to defraud the Sponsor in any way. If, for any reason, the Contest (or any part thereof) is not capable of running as planned due to, without limitation, tampering, unauthorized intervention, human error, fraud, technical failures, force majeure, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, deletion, defect, damage, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of Entries.
Neither participation in this Contest nor anything relating thereto shall in any way obligate or be deemed to obligate Sponsor to use any part of an Entry, nor shall restrict or be deemed to restrict Sponsor’s unlimited right to use, adapt, modify, or reproduce any part of an Entry.
Entrants further agree that Sponsor, Instagram, Twitter, the operators of other Entry Sites, and any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents and employees, and any Internet access providers (collectively “Released Parties”) are not responsible for the following:
• Electronic transmissions, Entries, photos or submissions that are lost, late, incomplete, garbled, destroyed, misdirected or not received by Sponsor or its agents for any reason
• Any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures and/or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of Entries or related materials; or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries, photos or related material
• Failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions, damage to Entrants’ or any person’s computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from participation in a Contest, or which jeopardizes the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of a Contest
• Any Entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Rules (all such entries will be disqualified
• Any printing errors in these Rules or in any Call for Entries or in any advertisements or correspondence made in connection with a Contest.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a Contest should a virus, bugs, fraud, hacking, or other causes corrupt the administration, security, or proper play of the Contest. In such cases, notice to this effect will be posted by Sponsor through the same Entry Site account(s) on which Sponsor posted the original Call for Entries. In such an event, Potential Winners may be selected from all Entries received prior to cancellation using the Judging Criteria identified above.
If, in Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right to void suspect Entries and/or terminate the Contest and award the Prizes in its sole discretion using the Judging Criteria above. The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the participant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited.
Each Entrant expressly agrees to the use of his/her information for such purpose. The following information may be collected from each Entrant for the purpose of administering the Contest, and may also be used by Sponsor to contact Potential Prize Winners and/or deliver prizes: Entry Site Username, First and Last name, Contact Number, Shipping Address..
Sponsor will not sell, share or otherwise disclose information collected in any manner with third parties, other than those parties necessary to fulfill the above purposes, unless an Entrant has given prior express consent to receive additional information from the Sponsor or a third party.
This Contest is governed by the laws of the State of Washington and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the State of Washington.
Sponsor typically will announce a Contest’s winners and post winning Entries via Sponsor’s Entry Site account/channel within 1 to 5 business days following the close of the contest. Persons may also obtain a list of a Contest’s winners by writing email@example.com or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Teavana Photography Contest Winners List Request, Teavana Social, 2401 Utah Ave. S, Seattle, WA 98134.
Each request must identify the specific Contest for which the winner’s list is being sought; such identification may be made by specifying the Contest’s Contest Period date. Limit one (1) request per person, or household. Sponsor will not read or respond to Requests received more than 30 days following the end of a Contest’s Contest Period.