Learn about Matcha, a Japanese Green Tea
Matcha is a fine green tea powder made from shade grown tea leaves. Our Matcha is ceremonial grade which means it is shade grown for 30 days, 10 days longer than the industry standard. In mid-April the youngest tea leaves sprout and then entire tea garden is covered in shade. By gradually shading the tea garden in layers, adding a new shade every week for 30 days, ultimately 97% of the sunlight is blocked. Thus, the tea leaves grow slowly, increasing the area of the tea leaf and producing a leaf rich with chlorophyll which gives the leaf a vibrant, deep green color.
- Matcha is highly susceptible to light, humidity and oxygen, thus sold in an air-tight, light-tight, vacuum-sealed tin.
- Matcha is unique because the entire leaf is consumed. Doing so your body may ingest a higher concentration of non-water soluble vitamins, minerals and fiber.
- Our matcha is ceremonial grade, shade grown for 30 days, 10 days longer than the industry standard
- When prepared correctly, our Matcha will have no bitterness but a rich, complex mouth feel and sweet notes.
- To preserve the quality of your Matcha, always seal the tin tightly and store in a cool dark place.