How to make Iced Matcha
- Matcha is a versatile tea that is as delicious over ice as it is in an artisan latte.
- Sifting your Matcha is important when making iced Matcha to prevent the powder from clumping.
- Adding your water in two parts will ensure a smoother beverage.
- German Rock Sugar simple syrup is a sweet addition to any iced tea. Learn how to make it here.
- Set mesh strainer over pitcher and add 2 teaspoons of Matcha powder and then sift.
- Add 16oz of 175F water to sifted Matcha in two parts. Combine thoroughly.
- Add German Rock Sugar simple syrup and stir.
- Pour over ice and enjoy!
German Rock Sugar Simple Syrup
In a 2 cup Perfect Tea Maker, add:
- 1 cup German Rock Sugar
- 1 cup hot water (208F)
- Stir well and let sit until all sugar dissolves. About 5 minutes.
- Strain, let cool in fridge and Ready to Use!